Not signed in (Sign In)

SkillShare - A place to discuss Web Standards and Web Design topics

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormista3
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2006 edited
    Have any other OS X users noticed this with Firefox 2.0?

From time to time the keyboard will stop working, ie I can't enter text.

If I switch to another app, press a key, and switch back to Firefox, it starts working again. Weird!
  1.  permalink
    its not just mac it doesn't function properly on the pc version of firefox 2.0.0.1
    • CommentAuthorpoofeq
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2006
    Yeah, I am also having this problem. Somehow this pisses me off totally :)
  2.  permalink
    yeah i have a aluminum model powerbook running tiger, this problem happens with the BonEcho flavor of firefox as well... very very annoying!
  3.  permalink
    Firefox 3, or Minefield / Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 seemed to work nicely on a Mac, and it passed the ACID 2 test quite nicely as well.
    • CommentAuthormista3
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2006
    ah good i'm not just imagining it then. any fix?

v2 seems to be the least stable release of firefox in a while...
  4.  permalink
    I too have been having these problems with Firefox 2 for the Mac. If I open Safari and start using it, then switch back to Firefox, sometimes that will allow me to start using the keyboard again inside of Firefox. Strange. It's so annoying I'm considering giving up Firefox as my primary browser.
    • CommentAuthormista3
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2007
    I'm having a look about on Bugzilla, it musta been reported.... if not we should get on it!
    • CommentAuthorjbklego
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2007
    I've been having the same issue. It's been so annoying, I did switch to Safari as my primary browser.
    • CommentAuthormista3
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2007
    I'm now downloading the nightly build of Firefox 3 to see if they fixed this darn bug or not!
    • CommentAuthormakarov
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    I have suffered this bug, of the keyboard losing focus, ever since I bought a Fujitsu S6240 Lifebook notebook. However I hadn't realised that it was connected with Firefox; I had the problem whenever I logged into my bank's Internet site, and several other areas also, however now you mention it...
    Quite honestly the latest Internet Explorer 7 offering seems to be pretty good, so I might regress.
    I've always liked Firefox but I won't stick with them if they can't get their act together.
Add your comments
    Username Password
  • Format comments as (Help)